Our year-long Pathfinder campaign, Reavers on the Seas of Fate, has seen some extremely good and entertaining character development on the part of the PCs. Here’s ten facts you may not have gleaned about our “heroes” from the session summaries! (Check the Characters page for pics, character sheets, and background writeups on the Reavers if you need a refresher).
1. Sindawe is continually referred to as “Sindawe Woman-killer” by the rest of the group because of his penchant for viciously taking out female opponents.
2. Everyone’s a little uncomfortable around Tommy since he enthusiastically tortured Jesswin the assassin in “Holiday In The Sun.” “Watch your nipples, boys!” they say when they see him coming.
3. Saul Vancaskerkin always slaps Sindawe on the cheek in a “Goodfellas”-esque gesture of fondness. He hates that.
4. Serpent has a crazy awesome animal companion, Saluthra the Large constrictor. But he’s been a good sport about me balancing it by requiring him to take the time to command it – it doesn’t just leap into combat and kill opponents like it’s a mini-PC. Plus, it has such a low INT, sometimes when it gets something tasty in its coils it just can’t resist eating it rather than participating further in the fight.
5. They really hate the Splithog Pauper more than anyone (even the villains) and really love Thalios Dondrel more than anyone (even their girlfriends).
6. Wogan has no skill in Knowledge: Religion, but since he’s the cleric they are continuously looking to him to explain the religious significance of random stuff they come across, with hilarious results.
7. Pretty much every time they talk to Samaritha now, they just ask her “So when are you going to betray us? Just get it over with!” Her semi-boyfriend, Serpent, doesn’t even stick up for her. It’s sad really.
8. The rest of the party often does “Wogan impressions” that involve stamping around, kicking up their heels, and firing guns into the air like Yosemite Sam.
9. Ever since Sindawe slept with cadaverous Amalinda Staufen in “Mansion of Shadows,” whenever they come across skeletons or whatnot Serpent asks him if he’s “feeling horny.”
10. For some reason, one of the items the PCs always want to loot is inn signs. They’re heavy and not worth anything, but they just WANT THEM for some undefined reason.