Welcome to the session summaries for our Jade Regent campaign! We love Pathfinder and the Paizo adventure paths. We took a long break with Alternity in our last campaign, Lighthouse, and we were itching for some Pathfinder. And Jade Regent sounds awesome – it starts in the Varisian town of Sandpoint, the famous starting point of Rise of the Runelords AP, and then travels through Ulfen (Viking) lands to Tian Xia (the Asia of Golarion). Fun stuff! Vikings, Ninjas, who knows what else.
We’re not very impressed with the rules bloat in the recent major rules add-ons, so Ultimate Magic and Ultimate Combat (except for the samurai and ninja, due to the Asian theme) are off limits – core and Advanced Player’s Guide only.
The Session Summaries
- Chapter 1: The Brinewall Legacy
Crazy goblins lead us to a hidden legacy of the Kaijitsu family, and then we join a gypsy caravan!
- Chapter 2: Night of Frozen Shadows
We go to the Land of the Linnorm Kings to fight Vikings, but get a hefty helping of ninjas in addition.
- Chapter 3: The Hungry Storm
We venture across the frozen Crown of the World on our journey to fabled Tian Xia. And then things got out of hand.
- Chapter 4: Forest of Spirits
It’s Miyazaki style weirdness as we go through the Forest of Spirits and brave the House of Withered Blossoms.
- Chapter 5: Tide of Honor
We’re in Minkai and pit our samurai and gaijin against ronin, ninja, and oni as we prepare to liberate the empire!
- Chapter 6: The Empty Throne
Our armies march across Minkai to liberate it and we head to the capital for the megaboss showdown!
You may also be interested in our character creation house rules for this campaign.
- Yoshihiro Kaijitsu, the reckless Tian archer-knight (Ernest)
- Harwynian Fallingleaf, the elegant elven transmuter (Bruce)
- Jacob Frostfang, the ale-loving Kellid battle sorcerer (Matt)
- V’lk, the feral mute elf (Chris)
- Gobo Samarillian, the blind gnomish oracle (Patrick)
- Bjorn the Unlucky, the hapless Ulfen woodsman (Tim)