Welcome to the session summaries for our Rise of the Runelords campaign! My character for this D&D 3.5e campaign is Valgrim the Summoner. He’s a dwarf, but the rest of the party is comprised of the various human subraces from the Runelords Player’s Guide (free download here).
Runelords is the first Adventure Path from Paizo Publishing in the post-Dungeon Magazine era. They did a couple APs in Dungeon and they were very well-recieved – Shackled City, Age of Worms, and Savage Tide were each better than the previous one.
I’ve divided the session summaries up by volume and have added my thoughts on how the AP’s going!
In which we massacre goblins and demons alike.
The Skinsaw Murders
The best haunted house ever!!! And freaky cults.
The Hook Mountain Massacre
Or, “The Hills Have Eyes 3: Electric Boogaloo.”
Fortress of the Stone Giants
No false advertising here – giants, giants, and more giants!
Sins of the Saviors
I’m so naughty! I need a spanking!!!
Spires of Xin-Shalast
The endgame. Runelord Kharzoug will learn to fear our might!
Our brave heroes are:
- Valgrim, dwarven summoner! The best character in the party (cuz he’s mine). He’s a Conjurer/Master Specialist/Paragnostic Apostle/Malconvoker. No, really.
- Roscoe Dillon, Shoanti of the Skull Tribe. He’s a cleric of Gorum, and is power stacked against undead. Too bad we don’t run into many. He is now Lord of the Keep at Fort Rannek, as the former Lord, Hulmar Benk, met his end combatting ogres.
- Phiravno, Varisian scarf fighter (swordsage/swashbuckler/rogue). Despite being able to do more damage per round than anyone, something about being a scarf fighting gypsy means that respect continues to elude him.
- Prince Eyorak, Shoanti warrior of the Sun clan. I mean, Apollo Eternium, Shoanti warrior of the Sun clan. I mean, Vaelyn, Shoanti warrior of the Sun clan. This guy goes through the characters. Vaelyn is a gold dragon shaman.
- Maru Maru, Shoanti warrior of the Sun clan. A brave monk, who despite his “flurry of misses” ability is always willing to be Benignly Transposed into harm’s way to help his comrades!
- Yenneck Grumman, Ranger of the Black Arrows. One of the three surviving Black Arrows from Fort Rannek after its invasion and desecration by the ogres, rescued by the party from the mines of Hook Mountain. Lately, he’s been picking up Warblade levels.
- [DECEASED] Hulmar Benk, Chelaxian military veteran. He was a Scout and wielded a greataxe. Being the only person even vaguely qualified (genetically) to be lord of Fort Rannek, he was made the boss, even though his Charisma was awful. Fun!