Welcome to the session summaries for our Carrion Crown campaign! We had previously run through the Jade Regent adventure path and are ready for another. Paul put it up for a vote, and though Shattered Star and Rule of Winter had a showing, everyone wanted to bite off a horror game next.
The Session Summaries
- Chapter One: The Haunting of Harrowstone
Our friend Professor Lorrimor has died mysteriously, and a haunted prison is at the center of it all! We must delve into its secrets.
- Chapter Two: Trial of the Beast
It’s back to Lepidstadt and the Beast has been caught! But someone else is behind his ravages – and it’s up to us to prove it.
- Chapter Three: Broken Moon
It’s off to the Werewolfy Forest of Werewolves as we chase after the Whispering Way’s goons.
- Chapter Four: Wake of the Watcher
And now we fight Cthulhus! In submersibles! While saving babies a la Hard Boiled.
- Chapter Five: Ashes at Dawn
We complete our tour of the Universal Monsters back-lot by fighting Draculas, having already fought Frankensteins, Wolfmen, and Creatures from the Black Lagoon.
- Chapter Six- Shadows of Gallowspire
Liches, liches everywhere and not a drop to drink as we enter Gallowspire to foil the return of the Whispering Tyrant.
Core/APG only (anything else with GM approval), and we don’t track XP. Paul, our GM, asked us to come up with three “flashbacks” as part of our history for him to use in crafting the game. We’re doing this instead of the FATE aspects mechanic we used in Jade Regent.
In this new path, I want to make the adventures very personal for the characters, and bring forward the idea that the PCs past is inextricably entwined with their present and future. So, for every player, I want you to write up the three most important flashbacks from your character’s life so far. My plan is that all these scenes will become important somehow in the campaign, so expect to meet figures from your past, long lost relatives, and the hideous boogeymen that haunted your character’s childhood dreams.
We try to deliver! And since it’s going to be a horror game, we go for ‘freaky’ and avoid playing things like clerics or paladins or anything else that would make this too easy.
- Sredni Vashtar’s Girl, a troubled Vudran girl who worships her weasel familiar as a god (Ernest) [detailed blog post]
- Icobus Basilisk, a down-on-his-luck Taldan nobleman (Chris)
- Oswald Bainbridge, a grizzled crossbowman (Bruce)
- Nigel Snodgrass, an emo bard (Patrick)
- Dirge Bard
- Doctor Jegen Vaus, elven professor of alchemy (Tim)
- Xurac Darkfire, a half-orc necromancer (Matt)
- And his zombie octopus thrall