Man, it’s getting harder to get up early as the festival progresses. Luckily, my car eagerly devoured the 25 mile commute to the theater to get in line at 9 AM to pick up tickets. My lineup for today:
- K-20: The Fiend With 20 Faces, a Japanese actioner in the vein of Batman or Black Mask
- Under the Mountain, a young adult movie from New Zealand; apparently based on some famous book/TV series and bearing some similarity to Escape to Witch Mountain
- Metropia, a dystopian animated movie
- Survival of the Dead, George Romero’s newest zombie movie
- The Revenant, a zombie horror/comedy of undead self discovery
I was thinking about seeing the Japanese movie Fish Story at 11AM but it was sold out – I have heard a lot of positive buzz on it. And sadly Survival of the Dead went really long so I missed Revenant; it was past its show time by the time I got out of the lovely downtown Paramount theater and the other venue was some distance away.