Monday has come and with it the second half of the festival. I’m starting to have to watch my bank account closely, as being in the Alamo all day is harmful to my checking account balance.
Today I saw:
- Cropsey, a documentary about an alleged child murderer from Staten Island named Andre Rand
- Mandrill, a South American version of James Bond
- Crazy Racer, an over the top Chinese version of a Guy Richie movie
- Stingray Sam, a sci-fi Western musical and one of the most hilarious things I’ve seen here at the festival
- Hard Revenge Milly and Hard Revenge Milly: Bloody Battle, a double-header of Japanese chick revenge killing a la Kill Bill
Some were really good and some were really bad; this was definitely the biggest mixed-bag day for me. Stingray Sam and Mandrill are AWESOME. Cropsey was not. Hard Revenge Milly was decent but the sequel, Bloody Battle, was awful. Full reviews will follow!