Whew, caught up on my “daily” postings. Pretty much every day I wake up, drive to the Alamo 2+ hours early to get in line and get tickets, watch movies for 14 hours, drive home, and crash. Tim, one of the festival’s co-chairs, introduced the first movie of the day with “Welcome to day 17 of Fantastic Fest!” and that’s certainly what it feels like.
What am I seeing today, you ask? Well, the plan is:
- Salvage, a British horror/thriller
- Rampage, by infamous director Uwe Boll. I wasn’t planning on seeing this but all the buzz I hear from people has been so positive that I’m going to catch it.
- Ninja Assassin – if I can get in on standby, it sold out quick. Otherwise, Succubus.
- Short Fuse, a collection of shorts
- The 100 Best Kills party, if I don’t feel like going home and to bed at midnight
Yesterday was a success in retrospect; though I wanted to walk out of Hard Revenge Milly: Bloody Battle, both Mandrill and Stingray Sam are sticking with me as high points of the festival.