First Session (17 page pdf) – It’s time for a festival in the town of Kenabres when there’s a minor goblin attack. Oh wait, wrong Adventure Path, instead giant demons blow up the city and toss us into a hole to die.
We are starting with a full roster of characters this AP! Six players, and they’re playing:
- Antonius (An Tung), a Tien who grew up Chelish. His monk/paladin journey along the path of Irori has led him to the Worldwound. (Ernest)
- Tabregon, a lame half-elven oracle of Iomedae. He loves being a healbot. (Bruce)
- Tsuguri Chiba, a Tien cleric of Tsukiyo. Antonius is a Twinkie but Tsuguri is super Asian in all the scary yelly ways. (Chris)
- Trystan, a half-elven bow-wielding paladin of Shelyn. But don’t call him a cherub, he hates that. (Matt)
- Shawanda, a Mwangi paladin of Iomedae. She’s the main tank. (Patrick)
- Calanthe, an aasimar sorceress of Shelyn. She’s our war leader and is somewhat embarassed when we call her “Khaleesi.” (Tim)
We get started by establishing the basic scene and determining who’s met who already. Then we’re sitting in some bleachers waiting for a festival and speech and stuff and…
Then we’re in the dark, with headaches. It slowly comes back to us that some kind of massive demon attack happened above while we fight off giant maggots and take stock of who’s here. Besides the PCs there’s a blind elf (Aravashnial), a lame chick (Anevia Tirablade), and a jerky guy (Horgus Gwerm). I like to say that all three of them are handicapped. We also find leftover scales from the giant silver dragon that was defending the city till it got its head chopped off by a balor or something, and they have kewl powers.
Then we wander around underground – looks like this isn’t going to be brief, looks like we’ll be here for a good number of sessions. We’re first level so mainly we fight bugs, undead, and other vermin. Finally, we ally with some Mole People (mongrelmen).
Between finishing up character details, some fights and exploration, and madly trying to get to know each other and the three NPCs we don’t really get too many shenanigans in. But we’ll be more on our game next time!