Well hello all! I know it’s been a sparse year of blogging, but work, life, and actual gaming have had to come first. I’m paring down on other commitments so hope to add some fun content here.
Let’s start with some session summaries from our Spire campaign I described back in October. Go read that again to remind yourself of the characters and setup.
First, as a group we decided what we wanted our revolutionary goal to be to stomp out the hated aelfir (or “honkeys” as they are also known). This involves hours of us figuring out the complex society and geography of the Spire.
War Goal: Liberate the Hive, the prison, for the Ministry. Here’s our basic intel on the place.
- Entire cell blocks are basically suspended by chains and dumped to everyone’s death in case of trouble
- Prisoners of the Hive include:
- gnolls they want to keep
- experiments and pets – the Menagerie
- political prisoners
- Run by the Guard
- ill trained and equipped
- working poor, living in Middle City
- local folk trying to earn a living and maybe make the city a better place to live
- Warden Wind-Before-Dawn, high elf, torture tourist
- Captain Blessed, human mercenary, guard captain to Hive
- Commissioner Armon LeVop, drow, administers the Guard stations around Middle City.
- Baub the Quartermaster, human.
- Lieutenant Ziminar Langley, drow.
- Drow guards are mostly durance, rest are career
- Corruption is rampant due to unpaid durance workers.
- Visited by high elves who participate in torture tourism
Drow Fact of the Day – the six virtues of the drow people are:
Our first milestone we decide on along this path is to identify four guardsmen to identify as friends and get promoted within the prison so we have powerful allies.
We also decide to hijack the guard payroll to destabilize the situation. It is held at the Quince Tear Guard station.
- pick a patsy in the Guard to be fingered as the insider
- pick a patsy in the crime circles to be fingered as the robbers
- pick a replacement for the Guard patsy
- steal the money
- launder the money
We gather intel. The Quartermaster and employees at Quince Tear Guard Station are:
- Baub the quartermaster is a drow collaborator. He is also corrupt – he steals from the widows and orphans fund to pay kickbacks. He owes money/markers to a casino on next city level up. We decide he’s the patsy.
- Lt. Langley is a Drow nationalist we tag to replace Quartermaster Baub, who will run the widows and orphans fund for primarily for drow benefit. Three husbands. Upper class drow. Went to university. Guard durance.
Therratix the midwife, acting as a medic at the prison, gains Langley’s blood after she is shivved by a prisoner. Slav the blood witch reads the blood and learns Langley is having an affair with a human. She loves her career over her human lover, a professor at University, named Professor “Lightning” Thule. Given time and effort the team is able to convince Langley that her lover is a liability, so she ends it and owes the team an obligation.
The cell steals drugs from the Roaring Boys, so they have an excuse to be patsies for the payroll robbery. Drugs stolen from Roaring Boys (including Corpse Fruit, which create hallucinations of the dead, and God Smoke – a euphoric and pain dulling drug) are traded to the casino in exchange to the title for Baub’s debts to said casino.
The cell collects evidence of Quartermaster Baub’s huge gambling debts and theft from the W&O fund. Again, this is to make him a patsy for the payroll robbery, as the inside man for the Roaring Boys.
We end the session prepared to rob a Guard payroll!