Our brave revolutionaries go about their day jobs, because sex-murdering elven oppressors doesn’t pay the bills.
- Abu Al-Nisr – Carrion Priest – corpse transportation and Ghost Whisper for the Guard
- Therratix – Midwife – midwifery and secretary to Warden Wind-Before-Dawn
- Slav Icktus – waitress at Rut & Wallow
- “Fortunate” Tamar Al-Nisr – always has cigarettes and beer thanks to the spirits
- Lyddia Jath – City Guard paperwork and building her own crime gang of City Guard members.
- Undying Gang – A gang of twelve people with undying surgeries that turned them into super-zombies started a protection racket in Red Row. They have expanded to the Hemlock Fruit Market.
- Prison – Paperwork shows twelve escapees. That seems coincidental?
- Lower Perch – Was struck by lightning twelve times at 3 second intervals. Burning sections were cut loose to save other sections. This is also where most of the PC’s live. The recurrence of the number 12 puts our conspiracy theorists into overdrive.
- Pilgrims Row suffered a Demonic Incursion from a Vermissian station. That’s bad.
My Science Project
“Fortunate” investigates the lightning strikes on Lower Perch. He finds a series of 6′ iron spikes with melted tips of brass and glass. The spikes are now very brittle due to the super heating via lightning. Fortunate recovers several feet from one – it is hollow except for a length of copper wire. Lyddia Jath investigates the recovered spike – parts of the spike are weapons technology out of Gyweninfor, a research university in the Spire.
Fortunate cuts off several more spike tips and sells them to an Ivory Row junk dealer hoping that these items get found by the Gyweninfor weapons researchers. He stakes out the shop. Lyddia investigates the janitor staff at Gyweninfor – Drow janitor Jenny Gierson guilty of petty theft, arson and stabbery. Been around some weapons research. She recognizes the spike diagrams as belonging to Professor Vex; she is upset that her grant has been rejected and is looking to revitalize her research.
Fortunate and Slav follow Professor Vex but are spotted by a trio of campus security. Hidari Nivrasod is a drow member of that trio. Hidari is next encountered hanging wanted posters for a 500 Stan reward for Fortunate’s (his other mask) capture. He is advertised as the Terrible Anti Intellectual Acrobat aka The Acrobat.
Abu and Slav are able to follow Professor Vex and her trio of large, bulky guards who are heavy with back packs, buckles, and gas masks. They go to Little White Cross, a human district in an ex-Drow mansion area. Human and drow students at her house are assembling even more spikes in a fit of industry. The operation looks larger than the last one. A dozen students and half-a-dozen. An old woman brings the staff snacks.
The team hatches a plan to steal the lightning spikes.
- Patsy – the Cult of Garrick who are a presence on campus and in the Works (giant factory in center of the Spire). Some of the teams don their distinctive spider backpack rigs.
- Slav sends her spider inside to spy; it is chased off by a massive hound. The spider does come back with: “The next test will be in The Perch. It will be larger. And its important to remove The Perch from the Spire. Within the week.”
- The brothers Abu and Fortunate press for an immediate attack. They win the vote. The four infiltrate the building with only Fortunate failing; he is chased and captured by the trio of campus security guards for yesterday. The plan continues to slide south when the opening quiet attacks from a mezzanine drop several attackers into the lower floor. Lyddia strolls into the manufacturing area and back out with a single iron spike over her shoulder. She continues walking away from Professor Vex’s house. Abu uses “murder of crows” to cover the escape of the others. Slav escapes via levitate and scary “blood witchery”.
- Ickbad Walzon, another Bound, is Fortunate’s most hated enemy because he dubbed Fortunate Tamar “Unfortunate Tamar” after he lost bar game after bar game to Ickbad.
- Johnny Mar (large human), Hidari (girl friday), and Smurgen are the guards who capture Fortunate. Fortunate escapes the next evening via lockpicking. Hidari notes his escape as he walks through the front office but offers no resistance. Fortunate is now wanted for: Acrobatics, Mysterious Escapes, Arson, Stabbery, and Being Anti-Intellectual.
While this netted us one spike, we didn’t really put a dent in their operation and apparently they plan to destroy an entire district of the Spire! And it’s the one where we keep all our stuff!
In the wake of this, Abu seeks to stalk and murder a Garrick Cult member which goes very poorly. A trio of the spider backpack cultists trail him back to the Rut & Wallow Tavern, where the rest of his coterie, some corrupt City Guard, various employees, and other patrons are present. The coterie leverages their various abilities to enhance their attacks. The cultists die quickly. The coterie recovers spider backpacks that act as weapons, climb equipment, and armor. Plus some gas masks. The backpacks only function for Garrick Cultists. The gas masks work for anyone. One backpack goes to the tavern as a lantern holder. The other two go into a Vermissian hole for later use. Abu and Lyddia claim the gas masks.
The coterie decides to stake out the Lower Perch to find Professor Vex’s second Lightning Call operation. They find it around the Great Pipe where two Lightning Callers are already placed and 12 more chalk marked locations are found. They tip their hand while staking out the spike sites. They do recover four spikes.
A recon of Professor Vex’s mansion shows everyone is still there, students are armed, noise makers are placed at all entrances, blood witch wards have been placed, and everyone is on high alert.