Well I liked my Skull & Shackles minis – awesome sculpts and really good paint jobs, better than previous sets even, and the plastic the perfect medium between too hard/brittle and too soft/bendy. (Set one was too soft and set two was too rigid).
But the real test is when my daughter checks them out! She reinterprets them and ranks them in order from least to most scary.
- Jack Sparrow (Kerdak Bonefist)
- Miss Creepypasta (Luccaria)
- Machete Dude (Barnabus Harrigan)
- Sea Monkey (Elder Brykokalas)
- Water lady with aqua-puppies (Duppy)
- Blaze Monkey (Greater Host Devil, wingless)
- Shark Mama (Brinebrood Queen)
- Mr. Yelly Shark (Shark)
- Mr. Derpy Shark (Hammerhead Shark)
- Cyclops who looks like he’s throwing a temper tantrum (Cyclops)
- Giant snake with lady face (Aquatic Naga)
- Mad sea monkey (Sea Devil)
- Mr. Cuddles (Drowning Devil)
- Barry the Chopper Dragon (Sea Troll)
- Mrs. Tarantula Lady (Paeta)
I generally agree though think Mr. Cuddles is scarier. But then again I was already married to a spider with a woman’s face so perhaps I’m used to it. It’s unfortunate that the least scary is one of the end bosses of the Adventure Path though!
You can’t see the “aqua-puppies” in the Duppy pic very well since it’s in the clear part but they’re there. And the expression on the Cyclops’ face really is hilarious, it makes up for him being anemically small (I’m sure it’s book legal since they’re only 8 feet tall or something, but I hate large minis that are really only marginally taller than medium ones – make it a taller than normal cyclops if you have to, but he doesn’t look that intimidating next to normal characters…)
Naturally since she selected the Paeta as the scariest I then chased her around the house with it for a while.
(Also see her and her friend’s review of my Rise of the Runelords minis…)