If you are familiar with Stack Overflow or the other technical Q&A sites powered by the no-nonsense engine Joel Spolsky came up with, you may want to know that they’re spreading the idea to many other subjects. RPG Stack Exchange has been in beta for a year and has garnered more than 2000 questions. Here’s a sampling of the top ten!
- Who created the idea of Experience Points?
- What tools are useful to organize a GM’s campaign notes?
- How many people does it take to steal a Star Destroyer?
- What approaches are there to lessen or eliminate reliance upon dice in an RPG?
- How do I get my PCs to not be a bunch of murderous cretins?
- As a man, how can I roleplay a woman better?
- 3d6 vs a d20: What is the effect of a different probability curve?
- How do you help players not focus on the rules?
- What alternative monsters are there to replace orcs, kobolds, and hobgoblins in low-level encounters?
- Playing 4th Ed D&D for the first time, what should I read to avoid holding everyone back?
Go check ’em out – lots of good collected wisdom here. 90% less crap than forum threads!